Thursday, April 3, 2008

Sausage and Rice... a lo Cubano!

I love simple meals. My mom recommended this to me, and I needed to try it. Neither my husband nor I are huge fans of the sausage and rice meal, but, I tried it anyways... you never know! Well, it turned out pretty good... and I even brought the leftover to lunch today.

Again, no pictures, but just picture yellow rice with chopped sausages. =) One last thing, I don't know how to make certain words actual links, so I add them separately.

Ingredients:
1 package of Spanish sausage (4 links - found in the meat section of the supermarket)
1 can of Vienna sausage
1 cup rice
Olive oil & corn oil
Salt & pepper
Bijol (food coloring - http://tinyurl.com/25vj5y)

Instructions:
  • Preheat pan with olive oil at medium. Cut all the sausages into small pieces (about 1/2 in thick). Add to pan to cook (approximately 8-10 min).
  • I prepare the rice in the hitachi (http://tinyurl.com/yr2gf2). Add one cup of rice, and 1.5 cups of water. Add salt / pepper for flavor. Add a pinch of bijol for coloring. Add 1 tablespoon of corn oil.
  • When sausages ready, add them to the uncooked rice. Stir well. Set hitachi.
Cooking time: approximately 25 min.

Pretty easy, huh?!

No comments: