Monday, October 1, 2007

Chicken in Lemon Cream with Penne

This is my first blog! Yayyyy!!! I've been stealing so many recipes and eating so much yummy food from here and finally I felt I had to share something with you. I didn't think this dish would turn out as great as it did so I didn't take pictures while cooking. I took the pictures after I had a couple bites. This was when I realized how tasty and easy this was to make and how I sharing was a must. If you like lemony cream taste this is for you! I was a bit skeptical since the recipe doesn't take flour the sauce is very thin but it's so flavorful and yummy that you don't need thick sauce. I found this recipe in Giada De Laurentiis' Everyday Pasta Cookbook. Here's the recipe with the changes I made:

1 pound penne

3 tablespoons EVOO

2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, diced into 1 inch cubes (I used 3 thinly sliced breasts which I cut up into the 1 inch pieces)

1 teaspoon herbes de Provence (I didn't have this so I used Adobo Seasoning)

Pinch of salt, plus 1/2 teaspoon

Pinch of freshly ground black pepper, plus 1/2 teaspoon

1 cup reduced sodium chicken broth

2 cups heavy cream

Zest of 1 lemon (I just used the grater to zest the entire lemon)

1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley (I didn't have any)

1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice (I squeezed an entire lemon)


1. Heat the oil in a heavy skillet over medium high heat. Season the cubed chicken breast with the adobo, salt, and pepper. Cook the chicken until golden brown. Using a slotted spoon, remove the chicken and set aside. Pour of any excess oil from the pan. Add the chicken broth to the pan and cook over medium high heat, using a wooden spoon to scrape the brown bits off the bottom of the pan.


2. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occassionally, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain.


3. Add the cream and lemon zest to the broth. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes.


4. Add the pasta, chicken, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, chopped parsley, and lemon juice. Toss to coat the pasta and chicken with the sauce and serve.




5 comments:

Adri said...

Mmmmmm I love pasta!

Marisol said...

i will def.try this!

Unknown said...

wow this looks super yummy! I will definitely make this one!

Marisol said...

I made this recipe today and it came out FABULOUS! My Fiance loved it!!

Jen said...

oh wow, i really have to try this one! i love how Giada puts lemon in her cream sauce. i made her fettucini alfredo the other day and the sauce was very similar and it was DELICIOUS. i can't wait to try this spin on it.