Tuesday, November 6, 2007

First post!

Ok girls this is my first post and it is pictureless. So sorry! Ive been postponing posting because I never take pics since Im not sure if what I cooked was any good until it's all eaten!

Sorry that my recipes are a little sucky since I dont measure anything, but they are full of heart and love:)

So I hadnt been to the grocery store in a long time but I had to make dinner for Davey and I last night. (In case you dont know, I live in a small NYC apartment with my fiance. My kitchen is only big enough for myself and my stepstool. And while Im in there, I cant open the oven and the refrigerator at the same time. So cooking is more of a challenge for me than you would think!).

Anyway, I raided my freezer/fridge/pantry and found some stuff that I figured I could use for my chicken dish.

1 cup of olive oil
1 chopped onion
4/5 cloves of garlic
handfull of capers
salt and pepper to taste
chicken breast

I combined a cup of olive oil, 1 chopped onion, 4 or 5 cloves of garlic, a handfull of capers, salt and pepper.

I had frozen chicken breasts which I defrosted. I put them in a casserole dish and then I poured a mixture of olive oil over it. I baked it in the oven until it was cooked. It came out delicious!!!

Then I had to slap together a side dish, which for me usually consists of rice and whatever veggies are around. Unfortunately, I was out of rice and the only veggies I had were carrots. I hate the texture of carrots. I also found a box of elbow pasta.

about 4 carrots
1 can of tomato sauce
2 or 3 cloves of garlic
2 tbsp of Fage yogurt
box of elbow pasta
a few tbsp of olive oil

So I put some carrots in my mini food chopper and chopped them up as small as possible. I put those in a pot with some olive oil and chopped garlic and sauteed for a few minutes without burning the garlic. Then I added a can of tomato sauce and two tbsp of greek Fage yogurt. I let that simmer till it was just right. I poured that over the elbows and enjoyed:) This is a great way to get all those vitamins from veggies without having to taste them!

No comments: