I'll add the dessert in aother post
There was also a Crab Cake appetizer but I forgot to take a picture of it :(
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, one turn of the pan
- 24 large Porcini mushroom caps, stems removed and reserved brushed with damp towel
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 pound sweet bulk Italian sausage
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 20 stems mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 rib of celery and green, leafy top from the heart of the stalk, chopped
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 (10-ounce) box chopped frozen spinach, defrosted and squeezed
- dry 3 slices white bread, toasted and buttered, chopped into small dice
- 1/3 cup grated Parmigiano or Romano, 2 handfuls
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add oil and mushroom caps and season caps with salt and pepper. Saute caps 5 to 7 minutes, until they are lightly browned and tender on edges. Turn caps up and let juices drain away from caps.
- Transfer caps to a small nonstick baking sheet.
- Wipe out skillet and return to heat.
- Add a touch of oil and sausage to the hot skillet. Brown and crumble sausage for 3 minutes.
- In a food processor pulse and chop the garlic, add mushroom stems and pulse to chop the mushroom stems. A
- Add celery, onion and red bell pepper to the mushrooms and pulse to chop.
- Remove mixture from the processor and saute veggies and mushrooms over medium high heat another 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add dry, defrosted spinach and stir into stuffing.
- Add chopped bread and cheese to the pan and toss stuffing until bread is moist and stuffing is combined, 2 or 3 minutes.
- Fill caps with stuffing using a small scoop or large spoon.
- *If you have on hand sprinkle some fresh grated Parmasean Cheese on top.
- Place caps in hot oven and reduce heat to 450 degrees F.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes to crisp edges of stuffing and set stuffing in mushrooms.
- Transfer stuffed mushrooms to a serving plate.
Ribeye Steaks, Asiago Cheese Mashed Potatoes, Scampi Shrimp and Sauteed Asparagus.
- 2 Ribeye Steaks
- Sea Salt
- Fresh Ground Peppercorn
- Worcestershire Sauce
Covered in Sea Salt, Fresh Ground Black Peppercorn, and a bit of Worcestershire Sauce.
Seared using a cast iron skillet on the stop top then placed in the oven for about 10 minutes for Medium cooking.
Asiago Cheese Mashed Potatoes
I took a little cue from Jen for these but made a few changes
- 1-2 cups of Fresh Asiago Cheese (shredded).
- Baby red potatos (cut in halves or fourths)
- 7-10 Garlic Cloves
- Heavy Cream
- salt and pepper to taste
Boil the potatoes and the garlic cloves together until potatoes become tender (skin will start to peels). Drain. Mash all together, add heavy cream, 2 tablespoons of butter, shredded Asiago Cheese.
Sauteed in a pan with olive oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper till tender.
- 1 1/2 pound shrimp, shelled and deveined
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup dry white vermouth
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- lemon juice
I just throw it all in a pan till the shrimp cooks. :)