Friday, my husband and I ventured into creating a Tortilla Española for dinner... and I must say it was amazing! One of my better meals, so I had to share, and hope you all enjoy too! The entire process took approximately 30 minutes (from start to finish).
2 large potatoes
1 sweet onion
- Preheat on broil.
- Peel potatoes; cut into small pieces (like home fries); fry them. I have a small deep fryer, so I just fried them there, and it took all of 10 minutes.
- Chop onion; caramelize the onion using the olive oil and butter until golden. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Separate the yolk and the egg whites from the eggs; beat each separately until frothy. Combine both mixtures and mix again. Add salt and pepper for flavor
- Drizzle the large pan with olive oil, and add the eggs. Immediately following, add the caramelized onions, and fried potatoes.
- Cook on medium until the sides are ready; in order to avoid having to flip the tortilla, I finish cooking the top in the oven on broil. However, if you are brave enough to flip the tortilla flip and continue cooking for another 2-5 minutes (both in stove and oven).