I was raised by individuals that believed in takeout rather than recipes. Not to mention the fact that I manage to knock down everything in my path and hurt myself whenever possible. But, ever since I moved in with my FI, who is a great cook, I've wanted to learn. Yes, our roles are definitely reversed. ;)
So before I take on cooking, I've decided to take on baking! I'm a huge fan of Pumpkin anything (including the smashing kind), so when I stumbled on this recipe from Martha Stewart for Pumpkin cupcakes I had to take my chances.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pans with paper liners; set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and allspice; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together, brown sugar, granulated sugar, butter, and eggs. Add dry ingredients, and whisk until smooth. Whisk in pumpkin puree.
- Divide batter evenly among liners, filling each about halfway. Bake until tops spring back when touched, and a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes, rotating pans once if needed. Transfer to a wire rack; let cool completely.
I have to say, they came out great and oh-so moist!
I definitely deserve a pat on the back!
Hope you girls can enjoy this recipe as well :)