Friday, August 24, 2007
Another easy, but YUMMY dinner!!!
Lemon Velvet Chicken
This is another super easy but so delicious recipe from Publix. Yes, I am hooked on them because they've never let me down! Anyway, here goes:
1 TBS of flour
1 tsp seasoned salt
large zip top bag
1 1/2 chicken tenderloins
2 TBS of butter
1 TBS of capers
juice of 1 lemon (about 2 TBS)
1 cup of Alfredo sauce
1. Preheat large saute pan on meduim-high heat for 2-3 minutes. Place flour and seasoned salt in zip-top bag. Add chicken; seal tightly and shake to coat.
2. Place butter in pan; swirl to coat. Place chicken in pan using tongs. Cook 4-5 mins, turning occasionally, until chicken begins to brown.
3. Stir in capers. Cut lemon in half and squeeze juice over chicken. Stir in Alfredo sauce and reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 6-8 mins. Serve
Isn't that simple? And girls, it is SOOOOOOO delish! I made it for Ali 2 nights ago, but liked it so much, he wanted me to make it last night again, since we had a friend over for dinner. It was a success! But here is what I did different:
1. I did not use tenderloins, I used chicken breasts. Same thing, different name ;P
2. I added more flour (about 2 more TBS) and about 1/2 a tsp more of seasoned salt because I knew what the recipe said wasn't enough.
3. Ali and I are not fans of capers, so I didn't even bother to go buy them, but I think it would kill the recipe really because capers have such strong taste and without them the chicken is soooo tasty and creamy, I don't think they are necessary. But that's me.
To go with the chicken, I made some potatoes. I have no name for it because it was a recipe given to my by word of mouth by my aunt the other day. It's soooooo simple, you wont believe it, but man is it good!
3 Large potatoes (I used brown ones, but red ones will do the job too!) *
Butter to the taste
Parsley to the taste
1. After washing and peeling the potatoes, slice them up.
2. Put them into a steam pot (well, you know how you have a pot and some of them bring the little basket to put on top of them to steam veggies? That's it!) until done.
3. Place on plate one next to each other and then spray with butter (to the taste) and sprinkle some parsley over them (also to the taste).
They are so tasty! Here's a pic:
* I used this amount of potatoes because we had a guest over, but if it's just for 2, obviously reduce the amount of potatoes. I think 2 would do for 2 =)
Oh, yes, I finally have pics, lol!